Moving And Packing Tips
Whether you are relocating your home or moving your business, a good and smooth relocation process involves a lot of factors.
Not only do you require a good moving vehicle, other moving equipment is also needed. UTE and Truck Rentals Hornsby can help you move and pack your load, efficiently. With proper planning, you can move house without a removalist. Here are some tips to help you pack and move.
Call 02 8039 6196 to hire a UTE or Truck in Hornsby
Use the Right Boxes
Lighter items should be put in larger boxes and heavier ones should go into smaller boxes. This makes the job of carrying the boxes easier and prevents its contents from breaking.
Place stuff the right way
- Try to put the heavier contents at the bottom of the boxes and lighter contents on top. If you’re loading the truck yourself, put heavier boxes at the front part for better balance.
- Try to leave no gaps between the items. You can fill the gaps with packing material, clothes, rags, etc. When done, pack boxes and tape them well.
Treat breakables differently
When packing items that are breakable, be more careful. Pack things like, glasses, dishes, mirrors, and other breakables with packaging material in between items. Then wrap more packaging material around a bundle again. Pack them tightly in boxes.
Other special items
Some items require special treatment.
- Furniture like beds and sofas should be covered with proper furniture covers of appropriate sizes.
- Some electrical appliances can’t be laid flat or they stop working. Create proper space for them in the vehicle.
- Bigger mirrors and glasses should be taped in an X shape and placed in proper packing material.
Label boxes and covers with descriptions
- Labeling your boxes can help you categorize your stuff. You can pack your items in boxes according to their category or in any other way you like. This helps you keep your items de-cluttered and organized in a way that is helpful to you.
- Labeling and categorizing your boxes can also help you unpack effectively. You know what rooms and places your boxes belong to, while unpacking.
- You can also make a list of all the things you’ve packed and count the number of boxes while packing. This checklist can be used when unpacking to make sure you haven’t misplaced any of your items.
All these tips can help you pack, unpack and move your stuff easily and effectively.
UTE and Truck Rentals Hornsby, works in partnership with National Storage. That means, when you hire our trucks or UTEs for a move, whether small or large, we can help you in ways more than one.
Not only do we provide vehicles for hire, we also arrange for Packing material from National Storage and other equipment to help you move efficiently and cost-effectively. Some of this equipment includes:
- Boxes (of all types and sizes)
- Moving bags
- Archive boxes
- Covers (for furniture)
- Moving blankets
- Vacuum seal bags
- Packaging material (bubble wrap, packing paper, bundling film, etc)